Monday, June 27, 2005

Life is really God's Will

I'm not really a religious person, and even if I were, I'm not Christian, but Buddhist! There are always moments in our lives where we realize (over and over again), just how fragile life is. My dad just told me that my next door neighbour passed away while he was in England with his wife attending their grandchild's graduation. It sort of caught me off guard. He's a well respected member of the city (the past Police Commissioner of New Brunswick actually) who does a lot of community work. This wasn't the only thing that took me for a spin this weekend, but it really reminds me just how fragile living creatures are. I'm sure most of us have gone through the pain of losing someone we love and we always promise ourselves never to take advantage of life and to live "lessez faire", but I think most people fall back into the habit. It's normal. The only thing I hope that I can do is to appreciate the smaller things more often and to be HAPPY with what I've got. Afterall, what is life if you aren't happy?

Alright. That's all I had to say today.. Be Happy Folks!

1 Comments:

At 2:15 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just before reading your post I had just finished reading a poem by Miyazawa Kenji (sort of re-reading, as I knew the poem, and had read translations, but never read the original Japanese text until now) about the death of his sister. It seems to be somewhat topical.

http://www.home.ix.netcom.com/~kyamazak/lit/_Jpoet/miyazawa_eiketu.htm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home