Thursday, March 08, 2007

Bitterly Cold... Yet Again

Well, the weather has turned bitter again. Who would have thought we'd be back to -35 degree weather again!? Not I. Anyways, its suppose to warm up this weekend, which is slightly comforting, I suppose.

This week is March Break. Doesn't really feel much like a break to me, but oh well. I'm still working this week at the ECC plus all this March Break dance stuff. I tell you, the schedule is enough to drive ME nuts, nevermind the dancers... some girls are dancing up to about 7.5 hrs per day.. geeshhhh...

I was at the public library for a bit today, and wow. They got a new self-checkout system! I was so excited! They have them at the Ottawa public library (I assume all branches over there have them, I've only really been into one public library branch in Ottawa) and I think they are super! Not only do you get to check yourself out, but it's pretty fun too. HEHEHEHE!

Everytime I go to the public library, I get this sense of ... comfort and security. Odd as that sounds. I just love libraries. I love that libraries are quiet and full of people who are generally not irritatingly rude and flashy. People aren't climbing over each other to get noticed. I love that you can be in the library and be able to be in your own little world....... Perhaps I'm a tad odd, but I also love the smell of new books........

Have you ever noticed that once we get to about midway through the winter, anyone who has a decently clean car gets stares of admiration? I am so bothered by the amount of dirt, salt and water staining that is currently on our car, but it seems pointless to pay for a carwash. The car will be clean for a day or two (if I'm lucky) and it'll be back to square one again. This brings me back to the whole pros and cons of having a dark coloured car (I believe I made a post about this a few years ago). I think I only have one good thing to say about dark coloured cars - you can park it under the sun in the winter and the car can be slightly warmer than a light coloured car would be :P *big deal*

YC: Got your card today, thank you. I agree with your message (both inside and outside) - I hope that it stays true for all of us, especially this year... your wish couldn't have come at a better time for me. Thanks again! :)

2 Comments:

At 9:19 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I like the smell of old books better than new ones, which I think is far worse, especially since musty tends to make me sneeze and blow my nose. I like the smell of used book stores.

I never go to the library. I got a couple of books out of the Guelph one when I was there and promptly racked up an overdue fee on books I never read. I think I managed to get through 1?
I don't think I've ever taken out books for pleasure reading from the library here though, and I'm not about to anytime soon, either. I've got 2 and a half books to finish that I got for Christmas, and its pretty slow going.

 
At 8:01 a.m., Blogger jaryee said...

LOL. Why am I not surprised about your overdue fees? :P

The good thing about public libraries these days is that you can renew your books online.. it's a great way to avoid the late fees and a good way to procrasinate - all wrapped up in one!

It's funny though, with the F'ton library, I usually have my off and on days.. some days I'll go there and have to spend 30 minutes searching for a book that looks good and other days, I'll pick up 5 books in 10 minutes. Go figure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home