Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Lost: Motivation, Please Return to Owner

Ahh.. I still have a ton of boxes sitting in the corner of the room!! Everytime I attempt to clean them up, I always just get this feeling of.. What am I doing!?

It's really hard to part with your own "stuff". If, no when, I get my act together and clean up my "stuff", I'm going to try extremely, extremely hard not to hoard things. Hmm.

Anyways, I had a meeting with the principal of Garden Creek Elementary school on Monday morning. I walked away from that meeting pleasantly surprised. He was extremely nice, friendly and helpful. I'm not sure if he liked me, or whether he's this helpful with all supply teachers? Anyhow, he already scheduled me in for one day as a methods and resource teacher - though it's questionable as to whether I can fulfill the commitment given that I'm still waiting my paperwork. I say he's helpful because he is going to try to help me push my paperwork through faster. Nice of him, eh?

I always feel so incredibly appreciative whenever I meet people like that. There was also another principal in Calgary that I spoke to that was extremely kind and supportive towards me. I will never forget it as it really feels like it's a cut throat "industry". 80% of the time, I meet people who can be of no use to me - well, maybe it's that they don't try to go out of their way to help. Understandable, but at the same time.. ahhh.. !!! Again, hopefully this is just a matter of patience :)

Chinese New Year is just around the corner. This coming Sunday in fact. The year of the Boar. I heard that if it is the sign of the year is the sign you were born under, it's suppose to be a bad year for you. SO, my year is going to be over in a matter of days.. come'on pig, bring me some luck!!

I'm not really planning on celebrating this year. I think mostly because I've been so busy with other things I haven't had time to really even think of Chinese New Year. Probably just the traditional dinner with my family, and that will be it. Last year, it was also pretty low key - just dinner with my friends.

That's all for now. Just wanted to update you on my meeting at Garden Creek :)

JY

ps./ Heard some lucky place in Eastern Canada is going to get a dump of 50cm of snow!!!!

1 Comments:

At 2:08 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

50 cm of snow. How fun. I can't say I miss that very much.
Forecast calls for a high of 7C tomorrow and heavy rain. Unless it is of biblical proportions I don't think we can complain. Though I do worry about the water supply whenever the rain starts these days. Having to boil water for 10 days really sucked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home