Friday, December 22, 2006

Frustration, and Illness

Cheerful title eh? I'm trying, I'm trying!

Last week, I got hit with the flu that I had been fighting for 2 weeks. Fever, aches, and a cough. I took two days off. To make matters worse, the day before I got sick, I asked for the day off so that I could attempt to finish up my course work, so I totalled 3 days off last week. I went back to work on Friday of last week and I guess I wasn't really up to it so I'm sort of sick again. Not really sick, sick, but I've been coughing a lot and it has made me ribs hurt so that it hurts to move in certain ways (sometimes it hurts to breathe). This is sort of a carry over from my bug from last month actually. I had been coughing a lot and my ribs were also pretty sore, was just getting better and then this new bug came. SO, the result? It feels like an open wound and whenever I cough, sneeze or whatever, it's as if someone is punching me in my wound (that's the reaction my body has too, I fold over whenever I cough). Anyways, I hope this makes sense because I feel like I've typed a lot of gibberish?

Anyhow, my point with all of this is that my employer isn't very pleased that I've missed so much work. Each time I phone in to tell them I'm sick, I get this major feeling of guilt (brought on by myself and a lot by them). I also have a feeling that some co-workers are displeased with me as I'm getting this somewhat grumpy look from at least one of them when I'm at work. But come'on, I'm not skipping work (why would I do that? I don't get paid!!!!).. I'm SICK. It's so obvious I'm not faking too.. listen to my voice!! They actually had the guts to tell me that they were considering "letting me go" because of this. WTF. I'm so mad. I'm already pretty fed up working there and have been seriously considering leaving in January. This is pretty much the last straw unless I calm down over the holidays. I can't believe that a person cannot be sick at this job. Does it do any good for them for parents to see that one of their worker's is sick and still taking care of their children?! Is it my fault that you have no back up plan?! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright. Enough complaining. Christmas is in 3 days.. it's hard to believe. Partially because I've been sick, I think I haven't had the energy to think much about the holidays. In fact, I still have about 3 Christmas cards sitting here on my desk waiting to be sent.. ekk.. I've never procrastinated this long! I also haven't written my grandparents yet.. :(

Ha.. that was cheerful. I keep trying to remind myself that it's going to be a new year, and hopefully, with a new year there will be new beginnings. Stupid as it may be, I'm going to wish myself a fresh start, bringing with it, new optimism, lots of good luck, lots of energy, a JOB (PLEASE!!!!!), and a strong immune system (mine seems to have gone missing in the last few years..). I wish all of you the same!

Happy Holidays everyone. May you take this time to have warm, loving, and happy moments with you friends and family!

JY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home