Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Apologies, but I'm still Here!

Don't know how long this is going to be, but I fear it won't be long.. I am on my lunch break and need to leave soon (or no coffee run for me).

Working at a daycare is exhausting work. The pay sucks and it sucks the energy out of you. I enjoy the children for the most part, but I'm really feeling pretty frustrated today. Patience is wearing thin and I'm tired. Most weeks, I've barely an evening to do what I want to do (i.e., watch tv, veg, or do some cardio). During the weekdays, I'm either working or just too exhausted to do anything productive. On weekends, it's course work time as well as time to do some chores (i.e. laundry, mopping, vacuming, etc..). Life is just .. UGH! I'd be different if I were teaching.. probably even more busy, but at least I'd be earning a decent wage.. a wage that would allow me to consider thinking of buying some things that I want??

Anyways, with Christmas around the corner, I sort of can't believe I'm still working at the daycare. Still applying for more professional jobs that don't have me on my feet all day and don't leave me with the feeling that I may drop dead! Oh, I would miss the children, but OHHHHHH I really don't like the pay.

I don't mind my colleagues, actually, I think they are all very nice and we get along pretty well. Perhaps it's just my mood this week, but sometimes I feel like some people step on other people's toes. The only other minor complaint is that there are differences in perspectives. Them as daycare professionals and me in my teacher prospective.. quite different in many ways, yet similar in some as well. Oh well.. I guess I've just got to grit it and bear it.. all for the sake of a little money.

3 Comments:

At 10:53 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

JY, you updated your blog at last :p. Well, its happy to see that you enjoy part of your job. No worries, there is always light at the end of the tunnel !! I believe you will get what you wish for.

Perhaps you should set a goal. Achieve it one at a time. I am sure you can accomplish a lot of things in life rather than saying UGH..

Anyways JY ,keep it REAL!!!

 
At 4:09 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there any chance of supply teaching? I have a friend who does that.

 
At 12:47 p.m., Blogger jaryee said...

thanks for the encouragement yc :) nice to hear from you..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home