Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Sore Feet

Well, I've been working at this daycare for a little over a month now.. it's not bad.. the only real complaint(s) are the wages and having to clean. On the bright side, the children are really cute.. though it's amazing how much mediating you have to do with two year olds.. ha! Its especially hard trying to teach them what it means when you say "don't do that" because they really don't understand.. they just look up at you with their cute little faces that are SMILING :P

Anyways, I'm still applying for some work.. I have a lead, but I don't want to curse it so I'll just keep it to myself for a while.

I'm throughly exhausted today. Wednesdays are especially hard because all the 2 year olds are in attendance. All five of them. Plus, it's a half day for the after-schoolers and the place is insane. Kids all over the place. Throw rain into the equation, and we have a bunch of pent up, high-energy children running around. On those days, I usually walk out of the place with a headache.

I do have some funny stories from the children. Mostly potty stories which most of you probably may not want to hear about. Just know that they know that it stinks. It's absolutely hilarious what they say about it and their reactions are priceless. Their speech has yet to develop to the point where you fully understand everything they say, so when they say something thats comprehendible, it's such a 'kodak moment'. They now also know my name and are knowing to come to me when they have a problem.. my heart just melts when one of them grabs my leg because they are scared or they just want a hug. Even the naughty ones can melt my heart by doing that.. perhaps I'm just too soft :P

Anyways, it's almost time to head out again. I'm on my lunch break. I'm so tired and the afternoon will probably be the loudest and most hectic part of the day..............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home