Thursday, October 14, 2004

So Are the Colours of Our Leaves

Ha. I'm trying to be creative with my titles. I'm taking it from the famous soap "So are the Days of Our Lives".. but trying to draw a parallel to the title of the soup.. just like leaves, people's personalities change as we age. (ok, so leaves change because of the season, but maybe seasons are ages to humans?! Am I making any sense at all!?) Anyhow.. as I was saying..I was watching Oprah today and Susan Surandon (spelling?) was on saying how at the age of 50, she is so much happier and settled in her life. In our 20s, we are still discovering who we are, what our boundaries are and blah blah blah blah.. and while she was talking, I started to think about my own life. Ya, when people used to say that, I used to think.. OK, stop BSing and we always like to complain about how we can't find ourselves..and all that crap.. but the thing is, all of our struggles and discouraging moments really help define who we are and how far we will go for something.

***
hehehe, I started this entry on the 8th, and today is the 14th.. sorry! BTW, my flu is better though the cough is still lingering.. too bad. I gave it to my mom who gave it to my dad, so now my poor parents are coughing.. it's a really tortorous cough.. you really have no relief .. it's as if the virus wants you to cough your lungs out before its satisfied.. nasty eh?

Went to watch ladder 49 last weekend. I highly recommend people watch this movie. It is really different from most movies out there.. I saw the cast on Oprah before we went to watch the movie, John Travolta was saying that this movie is really about the firefighters and the story about them, the focus was not on the whole hollywood scene and such. It's true, when you walk away from the movie, your focus isn't on the actors, it's on the characters. That plus you start to realize how heroic those firefighters and their families are. Anyways, go watch it. It's a must see!!

Last weekend I also started to work out again. Gah. Two weeks off and I felt my muscles were starting to get out of shape. Guess I gotta get back into my routine + up it.. it's freaking hard to lose weight.. arggggghhhhhh (kekek, I love my food, what can I say!?)

Speaking of food, while I was sick, I started to think about nutrition and all that stuff. So now I'm eating oatmeal every morning and trying to eat yogurt a couple of times a week. Did you know that yogurt is REALLY good for you?? Apparantly the active bacteria in that stuff helps fight off infection. Our diets these day lack active bacteria.. so the easiest way to get it back is by eating yogurt. I also read in a magazine that yogurt helps you lose weight around the stomach, if you are trying to of course.

Alright. I'm off to bed again. It's now 5am. Been up and down all night because I had a splitting headache last night .. *sigh*. Ya, SJ I would have agreed if you asked me whether I wanted you to knock me in the head with a hammer :P My stomach was upset cuz of my headache.. still feel a tiny bit of it now.. hopefully it'll completely disappear (and disappear forever from my life) when I wake up again..

Ta!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home