Saturday, October 10, 2009

Guilty as Charged

It's been a long while.. I've almost abandoned this blog. Actually, I've got so much work to do that I really have no time to blog on a personal level. I'm already managing my class' blog, so I'm finding that's more than enough :P (Sorry!) However, that being said, this blog has been around for a while.. so I'll try my best to update from time to time.. don't give up on me yet!!

Life is busy. I am currently working at one school but in two positions. One is a job share with the principal - we teach a straight morning Kindergarten class. The other position is learning assistance/learning support/ESL. Yes, I wear many hats! I'm finding that it's a difficult balance between the two jobs.. it's easy to be completely wrapped up in one while neglecting the other. It's been tough! I am getting into the gist of all of it now.. in fact, I'm going to go to school in a bit to get some work done. I'm tired just thinking about it!

My kindergarteners are quite a nice group of children. They are all generally well mannered and most of them already know their ABCs and can count to 10. A far cry from what I worked with (both in terms of what the kids know, behaviour, and even materials that are supplied by the school) in NB. There are a couple of kids that are on our radar though, but I think this is pretty much the norm in all classrooms.

In other news, the school received 3 smartboards this year. Since I worked with Smartboards in NB, the principal has been really keen on me doing some professional development with the staff this year. It's been a bit strange (getting used to it now) to be the presenter rather than being part of the audience. Since I'm the Learning Assistance teacher, I'm also suppose to take a greater leadership role in the school. As such, I have to speak up about best practices and things like that.. it can be a bit intimidating to do because all of the teachers have more experience than me, but I'm handling it.. learning how to get around the experience bit and still getting my point across. I'm still really weary about saying too much though.. I'm sure I could easily offend people if I really said what I thought!

Anyhow, I best be getting ready to go to school. I can hardly believe Halloween is just around the corner.. sometimes I already feel like it's nearing Christmas, but really, I'm so not ready for that yet!!

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home