Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sleep Sucks

I'm so exhausted! No, not burnt out.. but just can't get a good night's sleep. I think I must wake up at least 5 times each night... it's been at least 2 weeks since I've had a "decent" night's sleep. The definition of decent is debatable. My definition is me waking up 2-3 times and that I'm able to fall back to sleep within minutes of waking up. It SUCKS!

In other news, CNY (Chinese New Year) is just around the corner. What a difference it's been (so far)! We can actually buy CNY stuff here! We were at Walmart on the weekend (a big trip for us as Walmart is not very common over here) and they were selling CNY stuff!! Not food, but decorations. In NB, you barely notice the holiday.. beyond the personal celebrations and those hosted by cultural groups, there is only a slight chance the media will mention it and you can perhaps find a very tiny section dedicated to selling CNY cards in card stores, but that is pretty much it.

Anyhow, we are not planning anything for CNY as it will be a working day. I think we do plan to check out the parade (!!) in China town on the Feb. 1st and maybe go to Aberdeen (Chinese Mall) at some point, but I think that may be the extent of it.

Since my courses have finally finished and I've decided not to take any more until intersession, I've taken up organizing my teaching resources. With this, I've also been "toping up" on resources that were halted mid-way through creation. I only wish that I had more space to drag out the remainder of the boxes (currently stored in hard to reach locations) so that I could sort, organize and perhaps clean! I am so itching for my own classroom...


So, last week, CE and I decided to go to tennis lessons. They were suppose to be every Monday and Wednesday for an hour each time until early February. When we arrived at the lesson, we discovered that the majority of the class had been taking lessons since September! We were the only "newbies" to the class. To top it off, the instructor had a very strong accent and did not really explain what we were suppose to be doing very well. These reasons (or the laziness and the urge to avoid gym class like situations if I really need to be honest) made us drop the class.

To sort of convince myself I'm not a complete failure, we are taking pilates once a week. The instructor is nice and very, very energetic so it's not really too uncomfortable. However, I'm feeling a bit stressed out with the "competition" as there is one lady in there who has already begun to brag about how "in shape" she is..(which she is). I'm also reeeeeeeeeeally tempted to drop it because of this lack of energy problem - I was ready to go to bed as soon as I got up this morning, so you can imagine!

However, I'm still set on getting to the gym more than before. My goal is to work up to doing some sort of cardio least twice a week with another session of yoga/pilates. I'm still trying to convince myself to not drop pilates too!

Anyhow, I'm going to sign off here. Gonna go pick CE up (hopefully I won't have to wait too long for him or I may be completely unconscious by the time he gets out) and head home before pilates tonight. Wish me luck :P

Happy CNY Everyone! :)

1 Comments:

At 12:51 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is written on the back of my gym card "motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going" :P Quite encouraging.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home