Tuesday, June 10, 2008

8 Days...

It's been a whirlwind of a few weeks. Lots has changed in a very short period of time. I had been waiting to find out about whether I would get recalled or not to the building but I found out very late in the game that I did not. I was extremely shocked because I put my WHOLE self into this job and from the feedback and the knowledge that others that were of "lesser value" (from the comments from colleagues and even small remarks from administration) were recalled. Anyhow, it turns out that at the very last minute (4:30 on Thursday 2 weeks ago!!) a "B" contract teacher (permanent contract) got transferred into the building therefore bumping me out. I'm still a bit ticked that the whole situation wasn't handled better but I can understand what happened.

Anyhow, all this has made CE and I decide to pack up and leave NB. We are heading out West.. for now, Vancouver. We may end up in Calgary or we may end up somewhere else. Who knows?

SO, along with marking, report cards and general year end stuff, I've been frantically trying to pack, prepare myself for job applications AND try to get our personal stuff organized. OMG it's NUTS! I'm not really stressed out yet, but I'm sure it will come. I must say I've been oddly calm.... bizarre eh?

Back to the whole non-recall thing, quite a lot of teachers approached me to say that they were shocked to hear the news. Some of my colleagues that have become good friends were pretty ticked off. In a twisted way, I was touched to see that they cared so much. I think one of them was more upset than I was! Anyhow, I try not to dwell on it because I'll just get myself all upset. I know that I worked my butt off and that I deserve a teaching position. I usually can't bring myself to state something with 100% certainty, but I can say that with 110% certainty is that I SHOULD be in a teaching position! I was really surprised to hear some of the feedback some of my colleagues had for me.. perhaps they are not genuine, but they seemed sincere.

Anyways, that's my news for now. I'm moving to Vancouver so I won't be around NB any longer. My parents have already head out so the Tan family has officially relocated. Ready or not, here I go!!

JY

ps./ We're leaving at the beginning of July and we're flying out from Toronto on the 10th.

2 Comments:

At 6:22 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

iphone launching on the July 11th... grab it at toronto before u head for the west :P

 
At 7:06 a.m., Blogger jaryee said...

hahahaaa..
thought about it. Need a 2nd cell because I've got no sense of direction.. need emergency direction access..hahahaaha!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home