Friday, August 17, 2007

My mind is spinning!!!

HOLY COW!! The day I've been waiting for has come! I got a teaching job!! OH MY MY MY MY!! I have my very own class! WOW!!!

Ok. I need to calm down. Breathe.

Alright. Last night, I was terribly jittery. I couldn't sleep. I kept waking up, my brain kept thinking "what will you do if you get the job?", "how will you get everything done?", "are you sure you want this job?", "what if you don't get the job?", etc. It just kept going and going. I anticipated that if I got the job, I would get the phone call in the morning. No phone call.

By lunch time today, I was pretty depressed. I really thought I had a great shot! Anyways, Chien Ee suggested I email the principal, so I did. Low and behold, a few hours later, I got a response. "I finally have word that we have 2 positions to offer. I would be pleased to offer you the grade 3 position if you are interested. It is a D contract for the year."

YES! I'm SO interested! SO, now, I have to not only prepare to move (find a place first) but also figure out what I'm going to teach, how I'm going to teach, what my classroom will look like, how I will manage the students, etc.. WOW. I guess you won't be seeing many posts on here for a while...??

4 Comments:

At 10:55 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw the comment you made to Jen on facebook so I thought I'd come here and see if you mentioned it. It is great to hear that you got this position. It's this coming term then? That seems gives you very little time to find a place and get ready. Yikes! Anyway, I hope it turns out to be a very good year for you.

 
At 8:27 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats JY. The moment u've been waiting for has come. So when are u moving to SJ?

 
At 4:56 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!!! Coongratulations!

 
At 10:15 a.m., Blogger jaryee said...

Thanks everyone!
Yep.. school starts on Sept 4th. If anyone has any help to offer - please speak!! AHHHHHHH!!! PANIC!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home