Tuesday, August 14, 2007

How will it turn out?

OOooo!!! I JUST came back from an interview! I got a call from a principal in Saint John yesterday requesting for an interview for a grade 3 position. She happened to be coming to F'ton today for a conference, so she was able to interview me here in town.

Anyways, it was suppose to be a 15 minute interview, but it turned out to be slightly longer. I think it went WELL. Much better than my interview with the Sudbury district school board. It ended with her saying that I was a strong candidate and that my philosophies were evident in my answers and what I answered her questions well. Wooho! I'm optimistic. Regardless of the outcome, it was a good opportunity to practice and to have some reinforce my philosophies all the while giving me a boost in confidence. She said something that made me feel much better about my first teaching assignment: she said, it's not really about what your skills but about your philosophy - I can teach you the things you need to teach, but I can't change your philosophy and understanding of children. I can see myself being able to work under someone like her and I think that me being honest and open about what I can do and what I am still working on was a good thing!

That's it for now! Will know by Friday... (if the news is good, I'll probably post :P)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home