Thursday, July 26, 2007

Meetings...

I'm sure I'm not the first one to experience this (nor is this the first time I've experience this!). Have you ever been on a committee that you are suppose to chair, but instead of "chairing" you end up just... struggling?

Last night, the 30th anniversary program committee had a meeting and I believe I finally resorted to just giving in. For those that don't know, I am suppose to be the program director. Perhaps I've taken this title too much to heart, or perhaps I'm taking it too seriously, but MAN, it's freaking hard to convince people that things take a lot of work! The main problem lies in our artistic director.. he's a nice man and everything, but I'm not sure whether it's a lack of experience (?) or something else, but he tends to believe that everything is going to happen very easily. His most common comment is "oh, that's very easy". Personally, I really hate it when people do that. I hate it when people tell me to not worry about it and that it's not that hard. I find it somewhat insulting because it undermines the point that I am trying to get across.

Anyways, I'm tired of this "struggle" and now, knowing I'm not the only one (there is really only 1 other person that I am aware of that finds that the AD is getting a bit too controlling) who is finding it difficult working with him, I'm just going to try to lay low and "go with the flow". I'm tempted to just walk away altogether, but I am afraid I'll end up regretting that decision. Hopefully I can just keep my cool and try to learn from this experience!

Alrighty, that's it for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home