Thursday, July 31, 2008

Random Act of Kindness

I was just on my way back from the mall (it's only a few blocks from where I live) and was waiting for the walk sign to come up. It's a rainy day today so most people were carrying their umbrellas. An older gentleman was waiting behind me - all I noticed about him was that he was tall and skinny and wearing a pair of pink sunglasses. What touched me was that a few minutes later, a younger boy (probably in University of maybe even high school) came up behind him and put his umbrella over the older gentleman's head. The man was very appreciative to say the least.

With the very disturbing news broadcast that I woke up to (that decapitation on a bus in Manitoba), it was a very comforting thing to be reminded that there are still very kind and thoughtful people out there.

3 Comments:

At 6:24 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man beheaded on Winnipeg-bound bus. This is insane!!! But i like this quote "There was no rage or anything. He was like a robot, stabbing the guy."..lol. Not taking greyhound bus anymore :P

 
At 9:55 a.m., Blogger jaryee said...

yaaaaa.. super freaky. The victim was really young too. I sounds like something out of a movie.

 
At 8:59 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sleepy Hollow?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home