Friday, August 05, 2005

Jar Yee Tan is Tanned :P

Hehehhe.. I have become darker than ever (well, for me that is!). We spent a beautiful weekend at Brackley beach, PEI. I haven't been there for a few years and it brought back lots of memories of our previous trips there for the dragon boat races.. I was really missing you oldies ;)

Back to what I was saying.. we had a very late departure on Saturday morning due to *ahem* some disorganization and lateness (nothing to do with me!!). On top of that, the van I rented had a tire problem so I had to take it back to the rental company to get it checked out (they said there was nothing wrong with it but on Monday the "check tire" sign came on again and we discovered that same problematic tire was getting low on air). By the time we hit the road it was already 11:30 (we were suppose to leave at 10:00). The weather was beautiful and it was a great trip into the island. Our camp site was pretty quiet but had a whole wack of misquitos.. *ugh*.. I'm still trying to overcome their feasting. We were down to the beach in the evening and it was great. The sun was still up and there was a nice breeze and the crashing waves made an extremely picturesque view.

This year's camping trip was not like any other. I think it was because we had so few people plus many of them were quite young.. the comraderie wasn't as strong as before but I guess they are in the middle of a flow of "new" blood. Anyways, it wasn't a very comfortable night the first night because some of them were still up and were slamming the door to the kitchen area (our tent was right in front of it) so I would be startled awake every 10 minutes :S To make matters worse, some of the girls woke up pretty early and were chatting away at 6am.. so I think I got about 4 hours of disturbed sleep *sigh*... I think I was getting to be a pretty cranky chaperone! We spent pretty much the whole day at the beach on Sunday and thats when I got so dark. I learned a lesson about sun tan lotion though: make sure you don't miss ANY spots!!! I did a half-a** job when near my feet and now there is what looks like a red port wine stain type of suntan mark on my leg! I also got burnt in patches.. gah. But I must admit, I think I look much more healthy and athletic with my tan..hahahah!! (so much for this "whiter is better" ideal of Asians!)

Overall, the trip was pretty enjoyable. I think it's great taking camping trips because it a) brings you closer to nature, b) you get to enjoy the beautiful scenary and c) you appreciate the comforts of home more when you get back!!

These last few days have been relatively slow for me. I'm starting to get ready for our yardsale because I'll have absolutely no time next week to do any of that stuff. Also trying to get myself organized for the move which will happen in 12 days. There's so much to do!! Our basement is a huge mess too!! Summer camp is this coming week and I also feel a bit insane because of it.. totally not looking forward to the exhaustion feeling from it.

I'm also scheduling get togethers with my friends next week.. hope to stay in with the family the week I leave.. you know, quality time ;)

Oh ya, I forgot to mention.. my itchy heels are now gone *knock on wood*. I think it was athelete's foot..after using the spray it helped a lot.. (Travis, you might want to try some of that stuff!) Ya! Now I just gotta find a way to even out the brown and the white markings on my feet.. bleh. Wear socks!

Ciao for now.
JY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home