Sunday, July 24, 2005

Sleepy Sunday

Been working all week even though my contract was up two weeks ago. They've hired me on for an additional 30 hours and sometimes I wonder if it's worth it .. then I think of the money..hehehe :P

Anyways, I've been trying to get ready for our yardsale at the beginning of August - man, we have lots of junk! We're trying to de-clutter our house in order to make the move easier in a few years. The only thing is yard sales are so much work and I'm already tied down with cleaning my own room and preparing for summer camp. Oh well, I gotta do what I gotta do!

I've delayed my move until mid August so I will be around for Chinese school's summer camp. I will be around to help out and there are some parts of the camp that I'm rather looking forward to.

Next weekend I'll be off camping with the youth group. Ahh.. I think I'm going to be feeling even older than I felt on the trip last year because most of the girls that are closer to my age aren't going to be there. Oh well, I've become the "mom" now. *sigh*. On the bright side, the guys that are going are pretty funny so it'll be entertaining to listen to them. Plus, PEI is a great place to be.

Yesterday I went to Grand Manan with my parents - first time ever. The island looks a lot like PEI is is rather quaint. I was surprised that there were so many houses so close together. It seemed a bit boring if you didn't go whale watching (there are so many whales out there!!!!! We saw at least 3 just on the ferry going over! WOW!) which we didn't do because it was a 4-5 hour tour and we didn't think we'd have enough time. Oh well.. next time. Anyways, upon travelling back to Black's Cove, we heard some locals talking to a tourist about some of the island's spots. They were saying that there is a magnetic sand beach (yes, the sand is magnetic!!), a 'mountain' where you can pick up fossilized rocks (thought I heard something about volcanos but I'm not sure), and a couple of nice fresh water ponds where the water is warm.. ooo.. sounds nice eh?? It'd be a really nice place to stay at at cottage for a week and just enjoy the quiet life... sleeping in, reading, doing crafts, going for walks, going swimming, etc.

My furniture has now moved into my apartment by my friend Joanne. Ooo la la.. I've got furniture in my apartment!! heheh.. I'm getting excited to actually SEE it. Hmm.. On the other hand, I'll be there ALL year so I'll probably be sick of the place in a month!! hehe

Alright, that's it for now. Ciao people.

2 Comments:

At 3:34 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been to Grand Manan in a quite a while, but I thought it was quite a nice, quiet place. The dulse was very good. There is indeed a lovely beach there that has lots of magnetic sand. It was very easy to get quite a bit of it with a good magnet (I had a cow magnet, it worked very well) though it's a pain to actually get it off the magnet and into a container. I don't know about the fossils. I wish I did, I would have loved to have gone fossil hunting while there.

 
At 12:04 p.m., Blogger jaryee said...

I think I'd like to go back and try out whale watching.. and that pond sounds really great. Did you try whale watching there??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home